What is I’m a Researcher?
Read this page to your students to tell them about the activity. It may help to have a look around the website with your students.
How do students log in? Create a student registration link!
Students need a link from you to set up their accounts. This page shows you how to generate the student registration link.
Lesson Plans and Resources
The preparation work (lessons 1 & 2) can be compiled into one lesson if needed.
It may be useful to have a preparation lesson in a computer room so students can explore the researchers’ profiles independently and ASK questions ahead of their live chat.
Click the links below for each lesson.
Involve parents and carers in what you are doing in school through the after-school chats. These have been really popular in previous events, with students keen to introduce their families and friends to the researchers they have been connecting with in class.
- Staffroom – the staffroom is open during the two weeks of the event from 9am to 5pm. You can chat with the moderators and it’s a great place to get help quickly.
- Guide to live chat transcripts (PDF) – live chat transcripts can be useful tools for the students to reflect on the lesson, and to look in more detail at the questions and answers from the chat. This guide will show you how to download the transcript, and how to use the data in the file.
- Student Data: What we ask for and why (PDF) – about how we use students information in compliance with GDPR.
Call us if your question is urgent – 01225 326892.
After the event
- Please fill in the feedback survey we email you. You are the expert on what happened in your classroom. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve the event.
- Encourage your students to fill in the student survey on their profiles after the event.
- The moderators pick a student winner – someone who has really engaged with the event. They get a certificate and a £20 gift voucher prize. We’ll let you know if this is one of your students.